Monday, October 13, 2008

The rice always smells better next door...

Although I'm already EXTREMELY blessed with two awesome parents who love to cook as much as they LAHV to eat it, sometimes you still go out and find food that tastes better than home food! And most of the time the best food is always found in the warmth homes of your close friends. For it is there that you will taste something unique and different than the food at home, even if they are just cooking a simple bowl of white rice. This is extremely true from the old Chinese saying of "the food always smells better next door".

One of the most wonderful experiences I have ever had with beef noodles in soup was made by our very good family friend May. She is from Si Chuan and naturally she LAHVES spicy food. And if you can't take spicy don't try to stomach anything from Si Chuan!

She made her famous beef noodles in soup made with her own homemade spicy sauce and marinated beef. It was AWESOME. But of course EXTREMELY spicy and I had to down 2 glasses of coke lights!



By the time I finished my wonderful bowl of noodles (which I downed after my full coursed dinner) my lips was red and numb like a goldfish!

1 comment: