Monday, October 27, 2008

It runs in the family...

Being the youngest in the family has its advantages and disadvantages. One of the great advantages is that I am always in the presence of good food, as my mom is a wonderful cook, as well as my dad and if worse comes to worse my sis can always whip up something good.
The disadvantage of this is that I never needed to learn how to cook. EVER! My first (and only) fried egg I've ever done was in my first year in college...Yup that's right. WOW.

So as I had promised my sis that I would cook her an entire meal when she was pregnant with her 2nd baby, I didn't manage to try it until the baby was about 6 months old. Well better late than never! So I went into the kitchen and spent a good time in there cooking for 6 adults and a 5 year old.

Alright so I didn't do much of the 'cooking' as I did more of chopping! I made them a great big meal of MEXICAN tacos! It was actually very tiring. And from the looks of the pics you can tell that I have no experience in portion control! As I prepared way too much for the amount of ppl eating...but in the end it was all well worth it!



1 comment: