Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mami's Bday 2008


I know it's already 2010...but I didn't start my blog until this year so just a recap of my mom's birthday back in October 2008!

This is my beautiful mother, and also handsome dad giving her a bouquet of roses! She loves flowers and doesn't she just look radiant?!


We chose to have a small dinner party with close family and friends at Lawry's Steakhouse in Causeway Bay. We got a private room and it was very cozy and pretty!


My sis then ordered some beautiful flowers of pink and ivory to put as center pieces along the long table to add a little femininity in a minimal way!


Of course we didn't make a set menu, we let everyone order a la carte!
Janice (my cousin and also one of my foodies) is enjoying the lobster bisque! Mmmm..


We had to have one of my favorite pink bubblies: Laurent Perrier Rosé, mmmm...


See how we are enjoying our wonderful steaks! Although this is not one of my favorite places for real good steak, it was a great night and we had lots of good fun!!


And of course last but definitely not least is THE BIRTHDAY CAKE! As I mentioned before as a tradition, we must have a birthday cake for the birthday girl/boy. We also started the habit of making it one of the highlights of the night to surprise everyone and the birthday person on how creative and thoughtful the cake will be. So for my mom's birthday we chose to do the CHANEL box design! Check it out!

My mom had a wonderful night and she absolutely lahved the cake. Of course these gorgeous cakes are more to look at than to be eaten! Although it is 100% edible, we want to be careful with our figures and not get into a super sugar high!


No comments:

Post a Comment